- Prepares and renders legal advice.
- Drafts and vets contracts, agreements, undertakings, and other legal documents upon request from Users.
- Attends contract negotiating sessions and leads on finalization of all legal matters.
- Conducts legal research and provides updates on key legal developments relevant to ECERDC.
- Coordinates work with external counsel.
- Manages all litigation and dispute resolution matters including coordinating work with external counsel and preparing and presenting status reports on the same as required by Senior Legal Counsel.
- Prepares monthly, status and other reports, updates, briefs, on various contracts and legal issues as required by Senior Legal Counsel.
- Supervises and guides the Associate Counsel(s) work.
- Supervises and guides the Support Staff (as assigned).
- Possess LLB (Hons) Degree from an accredited law school / university.
- Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
- At least six (6) years of working experience as in-house counsel at organizations or bodies, whether government or corporation, of substantial similar core business areas as ECERDC.
- High integrity, ethics and professionalism.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good command of Bahasa Malaysia and English.
- Excellent interpretation of laws, regulations and policies and legal drafting skills.
- Analysis and application of collected data / information to resolve problems.
- Collating information and organizing material into manageable form.
- Formulation of recommendations, proposals and counterproposals.
- Preparing and presenting effective written and oral reports.
- Ability to develop, maintain and coordinate effective relationships with Users.