For The Rakyat
ECER Talent Enhancement Programme (ETEP)
ECER Talent Enhancement Programme (ETEP) is a human capital development programme designed to ensure that there are adequate skilled and multilingual workforce that matches the industry’s requirements. The programme forges strategic partnerships between investors and training providers in training graduates from various disciplines for placement with employers to ensure high employability of the trainees.
ETEP adopts three approaches under the Match and Train and Train and Place programmes.
Match and Train ( In-house Traineeship)
Upskilling ( External Traineeship)
Train and Place ( Critical Skill Training)
- The company will select and recruit participants
- The company will develop training programmes for approval from ECERDC
- ECERDC will top up the allowances to participate to a maximum amount of RM1,200 per month
- The company will select and recruit participants using external training providers
- Company pays the expenses of living allowance
- ECERDC will finance tuition fees only to a maximum amount of RM1,200 per month for 6 month training duration
- Focusing on the critical skills needed in the ECER, such as: Advanced Welding (underwater),Course Craft and Art Craft
- ECERDC will fund the programme to the training provider
- Training provider will guarantee the employ ability
The 12- month training was really beneficial for me to acquire technical, theoretical and practical skills. Now I have been absorbed as a permanent employee in Hicom Automotive Manufacturers (M) Sdn. Bhd. Thank you to ECER for giving young graduates like me the opportunity to advance in our careers.
I was a trainee in Hicom Automotive Manufacturers (M) Sdn. Bhd. before the company offered me to join the programme. The training did not just focus on technical but also on soft skills as well. Thankfully, I was hired as a permanent worker. As a young graduate I consider this opportunity as a good start for my career.