At ECERDC, we are committed to a long-term sustainable approach to caring for and safeguarding the environment. We constantly strive to balance environmental and social responsibility to our business goals based on the preservation and conservation of the environment, its contribution to society and the creation of economic value.
For this purpose, we have formulated basic policy for the environment which lays out specific strategies to be adopted across all our projects.
The ECER Environmental Policy guides the implementation of developmental projects by ECERDC in a holistic and integrated manner. This is to ensure that the natural environment remains preserved and conserved, whilst safeguarding the interest of the Orang Asal communities living in these areas.
Six policies have been outlined:
- Maintain and preserve areas of environmental importance and of high conservation value in order to realise their own distinctive socioeconomic potential to facilitate learning and appreciation of their sites in addition to ensuring that natural resources are not depleted
- Establish and implement a conscientious system of environmental management for effective protection of the environment in all our project initiatives
- Identify and adhere to all environmental laws, regulations and contractual requirements applicable to our projects
- Advocate the adoption of clean technologies to promote optimisation and sustainability in the use of natural resources
- Undertake necessary actions for waste management and pollution prevention and efficiently manage any adverse environmental impact at all our project sites
- Cultivate environmental awareness amongst all employees and provide adequate training on matters pertaining to environmental protection and management