Manager, Cost & Budget Management, Corporate Strategic PlanningBack
|POSITION||MANAGER, COST AND BUDGET MANAGEMENT|
|DIVISION||CORPORATE STRATEGIC PLANNING|
- Plan, prepare and coordinate with other divisions to finalize the budget requirement for the RMK budget application and subsequent annual Development Budget;
- Facilitate the key-in of budget application into the SPPII system;
- Facilitate the application of Notice of Change (NOC) for project whose scope and/or cost have varied from original approval;
- Coordinate with various divisions on refinement of project scope and corresponding cash flow requirements based on the approved budget;
- Facilitate the execution of Value Management Lab for approved project with cost exceeding RM50 million;
- Work closely with various divisions to monitor the utilization of Development Budget and provide regular update;
- Provide reports analysis on progress against planned milestones, resource requirements (budget), issues, risks and dependencies;
- Review current SOP and work guidelines;
- Conduct regular sessions with Cost Managers (Project Team & PMC) to identify gaps in project implementation for escalation and way forward;
- Monitor project financial update submitted by Project Teams, analyze the utilization of Development Budget and provide update to Senior Manager;
- Prepare and update revised cash flow and Development Budget utilization in the SPPII and provide analysis to Senior Manager;
- Prepare reports for internal and external stakeholders i.e. ECERDC Management, UKAS, JPM, MOF, ICU, etc.;
- Update of project management standard and guidelines to Project Teams and report non-compliance to Senior Manager, if any;
- Provide risk assessment update, based on the Development Budget utilization analysis, to Senior Manager;
- Maintain good working relationship with relevant Government agencies/authorities and other related stakeholders; and,
- Execute strategic alliances and partnerships with industry players and government agencies to achieve the set objectives.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Survey / Business Administration / Accounting / Economics / Finance or other related fields from a recognized university.
- At least six (6) years experiences primarily in finance and/or business planning and reporting roles at organizations or bodies, whether Government or corporation, of substantial similar core business areas as ECERDC.
- Analysis and application of collected data / information to resolve problems.
- Collating information and organizing material into manageable form.
- Experienced in Project Management and PMP qualification is an added advantage.
- Strong skills in MS Project, Primavera, and Microsoft Office applications is an added advantage
- Preparing and presenting effective written and oral reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for effective sourcing of required information from various sources and required tactful dealings with relevant staff, management and other key stakeholders of ECERDC.
- Core competencies required are effective stakeholder management, results driven, team player and committed.