Manager, Strategic Planning, Corporate Strategic PlanningBack
|POSITION||MANAGER, STRATEGIC PLANNING|
|DIVISION||CORPORATE STRATEGIC PLANNING|
(1) Term Planning and Budgeting
- Support the ECERDC’s long-term strategies formulation by providing strategic and intelligence inputs (assessment on external environment, risks and opportunities)
- Provide information / inputs and participate in discussion/workshop related to spatial planning studies such as National Physical Plans, Rancangan Malaysia Lima Tahun etc.
- Provide information/inputs for supporting the strategic plan and reporting on cross-border development initiatives under Indonesia, Malaysia & Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT) and Joint Development Strategy for Malaysia- Thailand Border Areas for a presentation to Management, IMT-GT, JDS committee and Ministry of Economic Affairs.
- Analyze strategic information (i.e. external environment analysis report, government policies updates, risks and opportunities) for inputs of mid-year assessment (Management Forum) and annual strategic direction and strategies (Management Retreat and KPI Workshop).
- Integrate all functional strategies including PIH (Project Implementation-Investment-Human Capital Development) to generate corporate strategic implementation.
(2) Implement Strategic Plans
- Plan and organize Management Forum/Retreat and KPI Workshop including procurement, payments and accruals processes.
- Manage the reporting of the forum/retreat and workshop.
(3) Strategic Review and Monitor Performance
- Prepare reports for external stakeholders and attend to the request of information by State or Local Authorities including Member of Parliament (MP).
- Perform external environment analysis (EEA) report i.e. review on economic and market outlook reports by Government and commercial entities.
- Compile, analyze and report the development of Government’s new policies including environmental, physical plan and strategic studies.
(4) Stakeholders Management
- Maintain good working relationship with relevant Government agencies/authorities and other related stakeholders
- Execute strategic alliances and partnerships with industry players and government agencies to achieve the set objectives.
(5) Organizational Improvement
- Operationalize the agreed continuous initiatives, monitor and report the implementation progress.
- Possess a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Town Planning / Economics / Business Administration or any other related discipline from a recognized University.
- Minimum six (6) years of working experience at managerial position in strategic planning and business development.
- Key competencies required are strategic thinking, stakeholder management, results focused, teamwork and collaboration, organizational commitment and strategic business focus.
- Strong analytical capabilities and presentation skills.
- Excellent command in English and Bahasa Melayu.
- Must have skills in Microsoft applications and knowledge of the MS Project is an added advantage.
- Pleasant interpersonal and communication skills.