Incentives for business and investments
ECER incentive package
ECER INCENTIVE PACKAGE FOR MANUFACTURING CLUSTER
ECER INCENTIVE PACKAGE FOR TOURISM CLUSTER
Culture and heritage
ECER INCENTIVE PACKAGE FOR AGRICULTURE AND AGRICULTURE RELATED SERVICES CLUSTER
Agriculture – related services
ECER INCENTIVE PACKAGE FOR KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND ICT DEVELOPMENT CLUSTER
ECER INCENTIVE PACKAGE FOR OIL, GAS AND PETROCHEMICAL CLUSTER
|Selected oil, gas and petrochemical products or activities||
ECER INCENTIVE PACKAGE FOR INDUSTRIAL PARKS/FREE ZONES DEVELOPMENT
In ECER, tax incentives are provided for in the Income Tax Act 1967. This Act covers investments in the manufacturing, agri business, education, tourism (including hotel) and approved services sectors.
The direct tax incentives grant partial or total relief from income tax payment for a specified period.
ECER Main Eligibility Criteria for all clusters:
- Incorporated under the Companies Act 1965 [Act 125]
- Undertaking a qualifying project or activity in ECER.
- The qualifying activity which has been carried out in ECER is not more than one (1) year period prior to the date of the application.
- Application to be submitted to ECERDC on or before 31 December 2020.
Documents to be submitted with the application form:
- Business Proposal
- Company incorporation documents
- Form 9 or Form 13
- Form 24
- Form 44
- Form 49
- Memorandum of Association
- A copy of relevant approval(s) obtained from other ministries or governmental agencies (if any)
- Manufacturing license or a copy of license(s) obtained (if any)
- Land Status/Approval
- Projection Cash flow (10 years)
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Industry Status
* All copied documents must be endorsed as certified true copy by company’s secretary
ECERDC has also made the empowerment of the bumiputera economy as one of the objectives of developing the ECER economy. One of the strategies put in place to realise the vision lies in improving the competitiveness of bumiputera companies is via a strategic collaboration with TERAJU in 2012.
- Facilitation Fund (Dana Mudahcara) of TERAJU@ECER
Facilitation Fund TERAJU@ECER was created as a tipping point for private investment initiatives. A 15% grant of the total eligible costs for infrastructure and equipment components act as a catalyst for investment by Bumiputera companies, especially in high-impact NKEA sectors. The cost of projects eligible for the TERAJU@ECER fund ranges from RM2.5 million to RM50 million.
- High Performing Bumiputera Companies (Teras) Programme
The objective of Teras is to identify high-potential Bumiputera companies and help these companies improve their business by providing business opportunities based on merit. Under this programme, Bumiputera companies will be assisted to expand their business to regional levels and also into the global markets. Some large companies in Teras will play the role as a holding company to support business growth of other Teras companies.
- Bumiputera Entrepreneurs Startup Scheme (SUPERB)
SUPERB provides grants of up to RM500, 000 to support innovative and creative business ideas. The programme is open to Bumiputera who aspires to be entrepreneurs or Bumiputera companies operating for less than three years. Selection of entrepreneurs will be made by the SUPERB Selection Committee comprising a panel of successful entrepreneurs in their respective business.
For further information, please visit www.teraju.gov.my