|POSITION||ASSOCIATE COUNSEL (MANAGER)|
- Legal Services
- Renders all assigned legal services.
- Legal Advisory and Research
- Prepares legal advice and guidance for Board and Management and carries out the related legal research.
- Provides legal advice to project teams and support teams and carries out the related legal research.
- Drafting and Vetting Legal Documents
- Manages the drafting and vetting of all assigned legal documents.
- Contract Negotiation
- Leads the finalisation of all legal issues in assigned contract negotiations.
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Manages assigned litigation and dispute resolutions.
- Advises on key issues and updates of progress of litigation and dispute resolutions to Senior Legal Counsel (SLC).
- Registration of Intellectual Property
- Manages registration of Intellectual Property.
- Stamping of Legal Documents
- Supervises stamping of legal documents.
- External Legal Services
- Manages the appointment and performance of external counsel(s).
- Coordinates work with external counsel(s).
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Performance Appraisal
- Executes individual KPIs and SLA.
- Manages and appraises performance of support staff.
- Budget and Finance
- Prepares papers for budgetary approval for departmental requirements.
- Prepares, plans, manages and reports department Budget for OE and DE.
- Vets invoices for payment and monitors status of payments.
- Legal SOP
- Applies and executes Legal SOP.
- Reports and Briefs
- Prepares and presents legal reports and briefs to SLC.
- Key Legal Developments
- Updates SLC and co-counsels of relevant key legal developments.
- Other Responsibilities
- Engaging with and coaching executive and support staff to improve understanding of laws, legal issues and legal risks.
- Possess LLB (Hons) Degree from an accredited law school / university.
- Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya.
- At least six (6) years of working experience as legal practitioner or in-house counsel at organizations or bodies, whether government or corporation, of substantial similar core business areas as ECERDC
- High integrity, ethics and professionalism.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good command of Bahasa Malaysia and English.
- Excellent interpretation of laws, regulations and policies and legal drafting skills.
- Analysis and application of collected data / information to resolve problems.
- Collating information and organizing material into manageable form.
- Formulation of recommendations, proposals and counterproposals on legal matters.
- Preparing and presenting effective written and oral reports.
- Ability to develop, maintain and coordinate effective relationships with Users.