POSITION : SENIOR EXECUTIVE, PROCUMENT (CONTRACT MANAGEMENT)
DIVISION : FINANCE
LOCATION : PUTRAJAYA
The Senior Executive is responsible for overseeing and managing the contract lifecycle within the agency. This includes review of contract documents and managing ongoing contract administration, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and government procurement policies. The personnel shall work closely with various internal stakeholders, such as legal, finance and project/program management teams, as well as external vendors, contractors, legal counsel and other relevant government agencies.
Contract Lifecycle Management
- Develop and implement standardized processes and procedures for contract management, aligned with government procurement procedures and policies.
- Monitor contract expiration dates and initiate contract renewals or terminations as required.
- Coordinate with relevant departments to ensure compliance with contract terms, obligations, and deadlines.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to review and negotiate contract terms and conditions to mitigate risks and ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Maintain a comprehensive contract repository and document management system to facilitate accurate record-keeping and retrieval of contracts.
Government Procurement Compliance
- Ensure adherence to government procurement regulations, policies, and procedures throughout the contract lifecycle.
- Assist in developing and implementing procurement strategies and initiatives to enhance efficiency and transparency in contract management.
Contract Negotiation and Drafting
- Support in contract negotiations with vendors, contractors, and suppliers to secure favorable terms and conditions.
- Review contracts to ensure clarity, accuracy, and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with legal counsel to resolve any contractual issues, disputes, or conflicts that may arise during the contract lifecycle.
Stakeholder Engagement and Relationship Management
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as the primary point of contact for User Department regarding contract-related matters.
- Address and resolve any concerns or issues raised by stakeholders or external parties related to contracts or contract management processes.
Process Improvement and Optimization
- Continuously evaluate and improve contract management processes, tools, and systems to enhance efficiency, accuracy, and compliance.
- Provide training and guidance to internal stakeholders on contract management best practices, government procurement policies, and procedures.
Performs other duties as required to accomplish departmental and corporate goals & objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent from recognized University/Institution
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience particularly in contract management of Procurement area.
- Knowledge of Malaysia government’s procurement policies and regulations is an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple contracts and deadlines concurrently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Bahasa Melayu & English.
- Ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and SAP.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.